AMES Australia is a statutory authority which specialises in the delivery of education, training, employment, settlement and community services to a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) client base.
AMES Australia is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
AMES Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory police check and provision of a current Working with Children Check (where required for position).
AMES Australia's Values are: Responsiveness, Integrity, Impartiality, Accountability, Respect, Leadership, Human Rights
Work Broker (jobactive) -Craigieburn
- 2 x Maximum term contracts to 17 December 2021 at Craigieburn. One position is an immediate start, one position will commence in January 2021.
- The annual salary is $57,741 + 9.5% super.
- Other employment benefits include discounted health insurance (BUPA); discounted Myki card, discounted computers, salary sacrifice to super, free flu vaccination, free skin checks and salary packaging such as Novated Lease.
About the role
Engage, assess and assist jobactive clients to gain sustainable ongoing employment within an appropriate timeframe, by referring clients to suitable activities and vacancies. A working knowledge of jobactive will be very beneficial.
You have exceptional customer service skills with proven ability to motivate clients, and advocate on their behalf. You are able to apply your knowledge of the labour market and employment related programs and ability to build rapport and conduct objective assessments of clients' skills and abilities, to help them gain sustainable ongoing employment.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a related field
- Experience in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of the labour market and employment related programs
Applications for this position will be accepted up to 5PM on Wednesday 2 December 2020.
To apply for this position please submit:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter addressing the qualification, experience, skills and knowledge outlined in the Position Description
Category: Employment Services
Work Type: Full Time
Contact Name: Melissa Pratt
Contact Email: apply@ames.NET.au
Applications Close On: 02/12/2020 AT 5PM
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: