Storeperson - Melbourne Airport Distribution Centre
Melbourne Airport, VIC
Housed under the banner of Workwear Group, our three iconic brands - King Gee, Hard Yakka and NNT - have been in the business of delivering work wear since the late 1920's. We are Australia’s largest workwear provider manufacturing over seven million units each year, shipping globally to over 30 countries. What sets us apart is our continuous investment in innovation, market knowledge, pioneering ideas and a commitment to sustainability practices. We work as one team. We put our customer’s first, and we do this with integrity. We are innovators and passionate about what we do. We offer a working environment that is safe, dynamic and agile.
About the Role
We currently have an exciting full time opportunity for a Storeperson to work afternoon shift based at Melbourne Airport Distribution Centre. This role is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of the distribution centre. The role includes, handling receivables, dispatching goods in and out of the centre. In addition, this role is responsible to pick, pack and invoice orders.
What you’ll be doing
- Receive and unpack stock in a timely manner
- Check stock for damage and discrepancies against invoices
- Pick orders
- Pack and dispatch outgoing goods
- Process returns/credits
- Enter details of received delivery slips, requisitions and invoices
- Communicate with delivery drivers
- Share information regarding stock issues
- Operate machinery and equipment (forklift, pallet jack, trolley) in a safe manner
- Complete pick reports
- Data entry
- Ensure warehouse is kept clean, tidy and recycle waste whenever possible
- Actively embrace coaching and other learning tools to obtain and maintain an acceptable knowledge of the product within the WWG
- Ensure all activities comply with
- Prior warehouse experience; and
- Experience operating forklifts, pallet jacks and trolleys
- A proven ability to communicate effectively
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Computer skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Safety conscious
- Responsible and accountable for own work
- Team orientated
- Honest and reliable
The chance to join a great team of likeminded, hard-working people who are passionate about achieving our vision and the growth objectives of the company. Our Culture Champs represent all areas of our business and help ensure that culture and team remain something we nurture, via our virtual quizzes, monthly awards and digital suggestion box.
A genuine commitment to flexible working (and not just because we’ve had to during COVID-19 restrictions). We’re focused on outcomes and not inputs. We trust our people because we know they want what’s best for our business. We want you to love your work but respect that you also love your life outside of WWG!
A tailored career and development plan. Whatever your goals we’re here to support you on that journey.
A competitive salary package and a suite of benefits and perks including Superannuation, short-term incentives, a range of employee discounts including our market-leading brands, and reward and recognition programs.
Our Wellbeing program, Thrive, with activities designed to support the Financial Wellness of our team, Celebrate Diversity, ensure we Get Physical and maintain Healthy Minds, including challenges, yoga, meditation and access to our Employee Assistance Program.
We actively work on creating a safe and inclusive environment free of discrimination, one where our team feel a true sense of belonging and the principles and practices of diversity are promoted and embraced.
You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.workweargroup.com.au/careers
WIS promotes and adheres to the principles and practices of diversity
Wesfarmers Industrial and Safety
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: