Essendon Football Club
Melbourne Airport, VIC
· 6-month contract role
· Clear KPI’s and deliverables
· Opportunity to explore your potential & be valued for your skills
Essendon Football Club is committed to our vision of being recognised as the most respected, inclusive and successful sporting club in the country, consistently setting the benchmark both on and off the field. We currently have a 6-month contract opportunity for a talented Accountant/Finance Analyst to ‘Don the Sash’ and join our Finance team based at The Hangar near Melbourne Airport.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role will lead and facilitate process improvements across core financial management processes. The role will work closely with the Finance team to automate the recording and reporting of financial information in order to eliminate the potential for human error, reduce month-end reporting times and create opportunities for greater analysis and partnering with business units.
The Key responsibilities will include:
· Analysing and assessing current state of key focus areas in consultation with relevant stakeholders
· Developing processes that are repeatable & reliable
· Developing efficient user-friendly models
· Providing training to relevant stakeholders
What We’re Looking For
The successful applicant will have a continuous improvement mindset, be a creative thinker who enjoys streamlining processes, building analytical reports and most importantly be a keen problem solver who enjoys a challenge. With a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in either a Finance Analyst/ Business Partner or Management Accountant role you will have;
· Experience building reporting models to automate & maintain integrity of month-end processes.
· Advanced systems and Excel skills
· Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
· The confidence and drive to recommend process improvement initiatives and the ability to see these through to implementation
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to understand the big picture.
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Ability to work from home as required
Other skills, experience and attributes which are highly desirable, but not essential include:
· Previous experience in new system implementation/system integrations or change management;
· Microsoft Dynamics GP
· CA/CPA/CIMA qualified
If you thrive on working in a fast-paced environment, with a passionate and dedicated team of high achieving professionals where you can learn and gain valuable experience, we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
Applications close 5 pm, Friday 13th November 2020
Please note that this role will be subject to relevant background checks.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: