Melbourne Airport, VIC
Jetstar thrives on innovation! We are always looking to employ ambitious and proactive professionals to help our business work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively whilst developing and maintaining best practice. What’s more, this role will see you working as part of a broader group Jetstar and Qantas structure.
This role has ownership of servicing clients' needs relative to NDT techniques, Magnetic Particle Testing and Penetrant Testing, that is in line with Jetstar’s policies and procedures. With great emphasis placed on accurate, and error free reporting, this role would ideally suit a process driven, self-managed technician, who prides themselves in their high attention to detail.
In the role you will be required to:
- Performance NDT services in accordance with approved data and Jetstar Airways Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE) & Jetstar Airways NDT Written Practice to facilitate aircraft maintenance activities.
- Report on description and results of NDT to LAME/Supervisor in order for repairs to be carried out.
- Communicate any significant aircraft AOG to LAME/Supervisor
- Assist to ensure all NDT tooling and equipment is check and maintained as per specified requirements
- Always ensure a current company Certification Authorisation is held.
- Ensure skills and currency meets the requirements of AS3669, EN4179, NAS410 and the Jetstar Airways Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE) actions
Ideally you will have:
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Mechanical)
- Eddy Current testing – Level 2 NDT Aerospace
- Ultrasonic testing – Level 2 NDT Aerospace
- Magnetic Particle testing – Level 2 NDT Aerospace
- Penetrant testing – Level 2 NDT Aerospace
- The ability to act decisively under pressure and communicate the outcomes and actions of these decisions effectively to relevant stakeholders
- Decision making under pressure
This role would suit a self-motivated Technician who is used to working under minimal supervision. A high level of customer service, work planning and teamwork are required for this opportunity. A strong commitment to safety and dedication to following Occupational Health and Safety requirements are essential.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: