Senior Strategic Planner (101251)
Hume City Council
- Lead major policy development
- Challenge conventional thinking
We are after a dynamic strategic thinker to lead the development and writing of new strategic planning policy, breathe new life into existing policy direction, and help shape great places.
At Hume we recognise that the pace of change means planning for tomorrow is not enough. We need to plan for an exciting future considering closely global trends and changing community expectations whilst being nimble and responsive to immediate great development opportunities.
Help us do this through vision, passion for delivering great outcomes, innovation and agility, and an ability influence others.
Key projects you could work on include:
- Implementing Hume's Housing Diversity Strategy, including design guidance for strategic areas identified for housing change
- Developing Hume's Affordable Housing Policy and overseeing its implementation
- Drafting a new transport strategy
- Planning Metropolitan and Local Activity Centres and State Significant Employment Areas
- Developing integrated land use, placemaking and infrastructure plans for Hume's fast growing new suburbs and changing established suburbs
- Developing progressive responses to State Government policy and initiatives to encourage innovation
- Working across Council and with government agencies to secure the planning, funding and timely delivery of major transport and community infrastructure.
You will be supported by experienced leaders and an organisation which prioritises life long learning and building capacity in its staff.
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
Hume City is one of Australia's fastest-growing communities and with more people choosing to call Hume home, we're expected to welcome more than 57,000 new residents to our City over the next decade.
We are located just 25 minutes from the CBD and right opposite Broadmeadows Train Station.
What We Offer
With our high level of employee engagement, Hume City Council offers a great working environment where you can develop your career. We offer flexible work arrangements and other benefits, such as study assistance and interest free loans for public transport and bikes. Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
For further information, view the attached position description or contact Andrew Johnson on 9205 2370.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: