Strategic Land Use Planner (101257)
Hume City Council
Do you want a job with purpose in an organisation passionate about making a difference?
Do you want to work in a team where your attitude and ability matters more than the years of experience on your CV?
If the answer is ‘yes' and ‘yes' then Hume City Council has a planning position that is perfect for you.
The role is in the fun and dynamic Strategic Planning Team where you will work on a vast array of exciting projects that will advance your skills and grow your thinking.
Your work would include:
- A mix of policy development, development approvals and planning scheme amendments in urban renewal areas, growth areas and rural areas
- Shaping the future of metropolitan and local activity centres, State significant employment areas, greenfield neighbourhoods and established suburbs
- Projects that require long term vision and passion for change and projects that require action to facilitate immediate change
- Inputting to place making, urban design, transport planning and major Council and State infrastructure projects
- Collaboration and negotiation with other councils, government agencies and developers
- Engagement with a diverse community.
You will be supported by experienced leaders who are passionate about realising the potential of the next generation of planners and an organisation which prioritises life-long learning and building capacity in its staff.
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
Hume City is one of Australia's fastest-growing communities and with more people choosing to call Hume home, we're expected to welcome more than 57,000 new residents to our City over the next decade.
We are located just 25 minutes from the CBD and right opposite Broadmeadows Train Station.
What We Offer
With our high level of employee engagement, Hume City Council offers a great working environment where you can develop your career. We offer flexible work arrangements and other benefits, such as study assistance and interest free loans for public transport and bikes. Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
For further information, view the attached position description or contact Andrew Johnson on 9205 2370.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: