2nd Year Apprentice Chef
Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 2nd Year Apprentice Chef in Commercial Cookery III to join our team in Melbourne Airport.
As an Apprentice and a valued member with dnata catering you will receive:
- Concise training from our talented and supportive Chef’s
- Uniform & Tools
- On-the-job training
- Opportunities to take part in Apprentice Chef Competitions and develop a long term career in In-flight Catering and Commercial Cooking
- A passion and interest in cooking in the in-flight catering industry and a desire to turn your passion into a career
- Superior presentation with a positive attitude and a strong ethic and communication skills
- Enthusiastic team member with a “can do” attitude
- Reliability and punctuality
- Have the ability and means of transport to get to the workplace and TAFE during the hours required
- A desire to learn and willingness to work hard
- An acceptance of flexible working hours and the ability to work a rotating roster if required
- A friendly personality and the enjoyment of working within teams
- A general understanding of the In-flight Catering Industry and Apprenticeships
- Obtain a certificate I or II in Hospitality would be considered an advantage
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: