An exciting opportunity has become available within the QC Chemistry team at Broadmeadows as a Laboratory Technician. This position will ensure that testing is able to be efficiently and safely carried out in accordance with approved test procedures, standard operating procedures and the code of Good Manufacturing Practice by ensuring appropriate management of reagents, equipment and functions in the laboratory.
Reporting to the Senior Associate – QC Chemistry, your responsibilities will include:
- Assists with laboratory duties (including the performance of assays)
- Responsible for general housekeeping of the laboratory including the stock take, ordering of materials and reagents and the review of usage of in-house standards and controls
- Ensure equipment and facilities are maintained and calibrated in accordance with approved procedures, and perform troubleshooting in the case of equipment malfunction
- Ensure that all records are completed, signed off, entered onto LIMS, filed and archived in accordance with approved procedures, including records for standards and controls
- Stock inventory Management to ensure QC testing requirements are met
- Review and correct the transcription of data of samples tested. Co-ordination of batch records for QC samples
- Co-ordination of samples for testing –including distribution of samples within QC and sending samples for external testing
To be successful
- Tertiary qualification in relevant scientific discipline
- Ability to follow laboratory test procedures and to operate laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of GLP and GMP
- Knowledge of windows based software
- Strong organisational skills
- Keen attention to detail and thoroughness of completion of activities
- Experience in LEAN Laboratory
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to manage time to ensure testing/activities are completed in a timely manner
Applications close 5pm AEST on the Friday 23rd August 2019
Applications must address the selection criteria above and include a current CV and covering letter.
Apply now for a role with a varied remit in an organisation that is going through considerable investment and change.
Employment screening, including criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications, Australian working rights and other relevant checks form part of the candidate suitability evaluation process.
Worker Sub Type:Regular
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: